Weight loss workouts for men over 50 needs a new approach over what has worked before but it is well worth the endeavor to hone as it brings added advantages beyond a slim waistline including:
- Fights chronic disease
- Enhances productiveness
- Propels healthy agingMeditation
As we age, we lose muscles that are replaced with fat. Many things contribute to this and it is accepted as normal when nothing can far from the truth. It is a procedure completed in our control.
As men, we create testosterone and as we age, the body slows down its production, assuming it is not required like it was when we were young and looking for food and a mate. This results in loss of lean muscle mass.
When we lose muscle, our Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) slows down because lean muscle needs more energy to maintain than other tissue. While all these changes are happening in our bodies, there are a few things that are not changing:
- The type of food we eat and the amount we serve ourselvesMeditation
- As we age, our calorie necessities reduce as our RMS reduces abruptly half percent per year. By default, our calorie intake should also reduce but we rarely make that change.
- Healthy activity is common now and workout training for men over 50 should be followed, if you don't already have a regular activity program.
Weight loss propels healthy aging
Extra body fat propels various conditions that reduce the life quality in later years. Due attention to calorie intake and nutrition can have a positive effect on:
- Life span
- Cholesterol Levels
- Blood sugar
- Blood pressure
Weight loss propels enhanced activity
Just like our weight, our body fat percentage increases, it limits our activity. Reversing weight gain will have a substantial impact in various areas:
- Less sick days
- Neater thought procedures
- Enhanced energy
- Enhanced mobility
Weight loss prevents chronic disease
There is sufficient proof that obesity and overweight is directly associated with chronic diseases such as:Meditation